As summer wraps up in Sydney, long days at the beach start to become fewer and day trips past your 'bubble' start to become more desirable. Palm Beach is the perfect spot for a little lunch or a long weekend. It is far enough from the Eastern Suburbs to stay overnight but it is still close enough to go to for a couple hours.
Here are our top five Palmy go-to's:
1. Stay casual yet cool with a bite at The Boathouse. It never disappoints and the design of the cafe makes you feel like you are on holiday! The produce is fresh, the barista's have been making coffee for years and the menu is on point. It is an easy Yes from us.
2. Visit Jonas Restaurant. If you are dressed to impress, make a booking at Jonas. It is simply divine and is right next to Palm Beach at Whale Beach. If you are looking to go all out, we suggest that you hop on a sea plane from Rose Bay straight to Jonas. So luxe but we love it!
3. Stroll up to Barrenjoey Lighthouse. There are many tracks which take you there and are all beautifully scenic and relaxing (but make sure your feet are well equipped in walking shoes!).
4. A spot of fishing off the Palm Beach wharf. This is great activity to do with the family or just to unwind by yourself.
5. Our secret Banjo Tip: Try and co-ordinate your weekend around the Palm Beach Markets! Enjoy the idyllic expanse of Palm Beach at these fantastic markets, held on the last Sunday of each month. Fresh produce, flowers, home wares and fashion - these markets have a great vibe and are definitely worth the effort!
We love Bondi, but when we make the trip to Palm Beach, it makes us momentarily reconsider what on earth could be better than picturesque Palmy.